We are aware that as part of the government’s efforts to deal with the Coronavirus outbreak they have placed an advisory against overseas school trips with immediate effect. You can read the latest statement here.
At this stage we are working to establish the full details of this statement as it has various connotations, such as how long is this advisory in place for. We are working hard to establish more information and are seeking further advice from ABTA and the School Travel Forum, our industry trade bodies. We will issue an update to all effected groups as soon as the foreign office has issued further advice.
We appreciate you will be wanting information as a matter of urgency as we are aware you will have many questions from parents. We now have some clarity and we are contacting all groups with imminent departures and working through groups in order of departure date. As there is no timeframe on the government advice, the decision as to whether you trip takes place will be down to you as a school. We advise you discuss this with your LEA or Outdoor Education Advisors if you are unsure.
Share this page...